Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Debbies Dare--All About You in 52




I decided to participate in Debbie's Dare this year. It's called "All About You in 52". It's a suggestion for a layout about you every week. I thought this would be a great gift for my daughter when she is older. I finished week one's thought, which is "Who influenced your life the most?" Now, my thought processes for this one mostly centered around since I was a baby until now, and I went with my gut/first instinct in the end. It turned out to be a two-page layout. I free-handed the background for both pages--the staff and huge treble clef. The brads came from Oriental Trading Company, I think. The cassette is actually a scan of my actual recording and inside the "cassette" is a booklet of journaling about my grandfather and me and our obsession with guitars and music and how this changed my whole life. The cassette album cover is hand-drawn by myself and 4 of the songs on the cassette are songs that I wrote. One song is dedicated to my grandfather, Poppy, and "How Great Thou Art" is dedicated to my grandma on my mom's side who passed away with cancer two years after Poppy died of pancreatic cancer. I know he would have been proud of me! I wish he could have met my daughter, and I wish he could have known that I would be getting my master's degree!

No comments: